Welcome to the Lisbon Area Historical Society
Lisbon, New Hampshire
Kevin Gardner of Hopkinton will present his informal talk, “Discovering New England Stone Walls” at the Lisbon Area Historical Society’s Annual Meeting on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 7pm in the gymnasium of the Lisbon Bible Church, 21 Woolson Avenue, Lisbon. The snow date is Wednesday, January 22. [READ MORE]
The Lisbon Area Historical Society had a very successful day during the 250th celebration on August 10. The Society’s museum was open from 10am-3pm and hosted dozens of visitors, many planning a trip back when they can browse around and look through the collection when it won’t be as crowded. Some visitors also brought in artifacts to donate to the ever-growing collection.
SEE PICTURES AND READ MORE!!!
The Society & You:
- Attend our public programs and events concerning the history of the area.
- Purchase books and maps on our area history published by the Society.
- View items from our growing Collections in person or online via the Internet.
- Donate documents, photographs and other items of historic importance.
- Become a member of the Society.
- Make financial contributions to support the Society's programs and mission.
Other Historical Society Things to See and Do!
As an active participant in the new www.whitemountainhistory.org project, the Society has put online images of many items from our Collections, including several 19th Century houses in the area. To see those images, go to http://www.whitemountainhistory.org/Lisbon_Area_HS.html. For more information, see "Collections".
Our books and maps (Great Gifts!!!) can be purchased at our public events or by contacting us at any time. To see these items and how to acquire same, go to "Publications".
Please contact us if you are interested in becoming involved in the work of the Society or have any questions regarding our organization. We welcome any suggestions as to how the Society might better achieve its goals.